Hi Swimmers! We are excited for summer 2022! This year we will be making some SIGNIFICANT changes to our program so please read this thoroughly before registration day! The past 2 years, because of the Covid 19 situation, we have trialed different styles of classes based on private and small family group lessons and the feedback from both families and teachers has been overwhelmingly positive, so we have decided to transition all except our Mommy & Me classes over to this new model. We will explain what the new model looks like as well as how registration will look different this year. If you still have question after reading this, you might pop over to our Facebook page. I am posting a Live Video that will walk you through this as well.
Instead of teaching classes scheduled by level or ability, families will purchase 15-minute increments of time (you can purchase 15-minutes, 30-minutes, 45-minutes or 1 hour depending on your needs) and sessions will be 1 week (4 days total) instead of 2 weeks (8 days total). These classes can be used for a private lesson (1 student with 1 teacher) or a small grouping of various levels within the same family/friend group. This will benefit you in several ways:
· 1. All of your children are in the pool at the same time. No more waiting through multiple lessons when you have kids at different levels.
· 2. Less total time spent poolside
· 3. A quieter learning environment with more individual attention (in our trial groups, we found that students made similar progress in 4 lessons to what they usually made in 8 lessons in the group setting).
· 4. 1-week scheduling makes it easier for families to schedule around vacations or other activities.
· 5. You can be scheduled together with cousins or close friends without having to worry about whether they’ll make it into the same class.
· 6. You have more flexibility to use your time in a way that you feel best serves your family.
So how do you know whether to do a 15-minute, 30-minute or other time slot? Here’s what it looks like:
15-minute Time Slot
· 1. For a single child as a private lesson.
· 2. For 2 children who are the same level (both beginners, both intermediates, etc). If you are unsure what levels your children are, please click on the word "levels" at the top of this page!
· No more than 2 children allowed
30-minute Time Slot
· 1. For 3 to 4 children in the same family, no more than 2 different levels.
· 2. An assistant teacher would be in the pool as well
· No more than 4 children allowed
45-minute/1-hour Time Slot
· 1. For a family with 3 - 6 kids who are all three different levels.
· 2. An assistant teacher would be in the pool as well
Mommy & Me Classes
Mommy & Me classes are for children ages 6 mos - 3 years of age. At 3-years-old they CAN do a private lesson/family group lesson or you can choose to do Mommy & Me based on your child's willingness to go to another adult in the pool. Classes will run for 1/2 hour, 4 days per week for 2 weeks making 8 total lessons. The cost is $75 total and an adult must be in the pool with the child at all times.
Q: Can I share the time with a friend instead of only within my family?
A: Yes, but you need to arrive in ONE vehicle. At the very most, two vehicles could be allowed if it’s not possible to fit into one.
Q: What is the cost?
A: Lessons are $25 per 15-minute lesson ($100 for a 1-week session). Regardless of whether you choose to make it a private lesson or shared lesson, the price stays the same.
Q: Can I sign my child up for 30 minutes of a private lesson instead of 15?
A: We highly discourage doing more than 15 minutes of a 1-on-1 private lesson, especially with younger children ages 3 - 7. Children's attention spans are short. We can get soooooo much done in 15 minutes, and a 30-minute lesson would turn into a lot of play time and not a lot of additional instruction. It would be MUCH more effective to sign up for 2 weeks of 15-minute lessons than to sign up for 1 week of 30-minute lessons.
Q: What if my kids are really different ages? Can they still swim together?
A: Yes! No worries if your kids are 10, 5 and 3 and all beginners. Grouping by ability is much more important than age and we will vary our teaching technique to meet each child in an age-appropriate way.
Q: What if my family doesn’t fit into any of the scenarios above?
A: Please email us at email@example.com prior to registration day and Cathy or Cindy will reach out to you to figure out the best solution.
Q: Can I sign up for more than 1 week?
Here’s how registration will look this year!
1. 1. On Registration day, you’ll see 3 links on the website that go live. The first is a SignUp Genius link. This is where you’ll reserve your time slot(s). The second is a Google Docs Link where you’ll submit your contact information. The third is a link to a waiting list that you’ll use if you were unable to secure a spot that you wanted.
2. 2. FIRST go to the SignUp Genius link. Within the SignUp Genius you will see 1-week sessions with 2-hour time slots. Within each time slot, there will be eight, 15-minute time slots. For example, you might see something like:
June 13 – 16
· 10:00 – 12:00 2/8 Spots Available
· 12:00 – 2:00 8 Spots Available
· 3:00 – 5:00 6/8 Spots Available
· 5:00 – 7:00 3/8 Spots Available
3. 3. Select the week(s) and time slots(s) you’d like to sign up for. If you wanted a ½ hour spot June 13 – 16 in the morning, you would click on TWO of the 15-minute spots June 13 – 16 at 10:00 – 12:00. By signing up for that, you’re agreeing to come any time between 10:00 a.m. and Noon for ½ hour straight. We will not break up your 15-minute increments. If you want 45 minutes, you’ll sign up for THREE total spots. If you just want 15 minutes, you’ll sign up for a single spot.
4. 4. You’ll immediately be able to see that you have a spot saved. Once you have a spot, you’ll go to the Google Docs link on the website where you’ll enter your contact information.
5. 5. In the following week, you’ll receive a confirmation email with your exact time for class within that 2-hour window, the liability form and a link for payment.
If you have any questions about how this will work, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check back on April 8th for our Summer 2022 schedule and registration schedule.