At Cathy's School for Lil' Fish, we use just 4 levels: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and Mommy & Me. Rather than teaching to a strict curriculum, we meet each child where they are at and teach to the individual, so there will be a range of ages and abilites within each level. Please read the descriptions below to determine what level(s) your child(ren) are! We also offer private lessons for adults! If you have questions, please email us at email@example.com
Mommy and Me:
For 6 mos - 3 years old. Once children turn 3 they can attend a beginner class or do Mommy & Me depending on what you think is best for your child. An adult is required to get into the pool with the child. In this class we cover floating on tummy and back, blowing bubbles, holding breath and going under the water, kicking on tummy and back, safe entry & exit, water orientation skills, self-propulsion, leveling off from a vertical and log rolling.
* For children ages 3 - 13
* Students may or may not be able to do SOME independent swimming, but they CANNOT swim 5 yards (width of the pool) completely indepdently with their face in the water.
* Students cannot swim with their face in the water, take a breath, put their face in and continue swimming without assistance.
* Students cannot perform a 10-second back float
* For children ages 3 - 13
* Students CAN swim 5 yards (the width of the pool) independently, but they CANNOT swim the length of the pool (15 yards) and are not comfortable in water.
* Students can swim independently, take a breath without assistance, and put their heads back in to continue swimming. They may be lifting their head to breathe or rolling to their backs, but have not mastered rotary breathing (breathing to the side).
* Students can back float for 10 seconds, but have not mastered strokes on their back.
* For children ages 5 - 15
This class is for students who can comfortably swim 1 - 2 lengths of the pool (20 yards) on both tummy and back. Advanced classes focus on development and perfection of front crawl, back crawl, breast stroke, side stroke, and butterfly. It also focuses on building endurance. Although levels 4-6 have some different objectives, they can be taught simultaneously because they build upon each other. For example, level 4 requires that a student learn the breaststroke and be able to swim 25 yards. Level 5 requires that you refine the breaststroke and be able to swim 50 yards. Level 6 requires that you perfect the breaststroke and be able to swim 500 yards.
Adults are welcome to sign up for private lessons or as a part of Family Group Lessons with their kids.
Post a Comment